Thursday, November 16, 2006

Give me a break!

I'm a terrible blogger........I've been so busy with the kids back in school, me back at work, sports for the boys, medical scare (everythings fine!) .....yada, yada, yada. Have I had time to knit? Heck ya! It seems that all my sons' friends want winter hats, after they saw the london beanie I made my eldest. Very mindless knitting, but it keeps me out of the refrigerator!

I've taken a class in Fair Isle knitting and completed my first hat! I would normally have a picture to show, but it's very cold today so my husband wore it to work. I think that's the best compliment you can give a knitter is when you wear something they make you.

Currently, I'm making my neighbor some hunting socks.......he leaves tomorrow......so it looks like he'll be able to wear them next year. Honestly, he didn't give me a lot of time! I've been feverishly working on them, that I ended up getting a cramp in my hand! Do ya think I can get worker's comp for that! Ha!

With only 39 more shopping days until Xmas, I decided that I needed to get some things done. I baked 3 batches of cookies and completed all my Xmas cards! To make it easy on myself I just downloaded pics from my camera to www.kodakgallery.com, picked a design, an envelope color, a little saying and "poof" I'm done! Now I don't have to worry about that stuff and instead can sit calmly back and knit on those cold, cold, wisconsin nights.

I've also had some guidance on making the new pocket scarf craze. Ann (my knitting guru), showed me how to double knit the pocket, then I cast off half the stitches and am using the moss stitch for the pattern. I have a crapload of cascade 220 stash, so I thought I'd call it the "crazy cascade scarf". So far it looks pretty good......the pocket curls a bit, but I think I can probably block it out.

This weekend I'm hitting a couple of craft fairs and in my house a Sunday wouldn't be complete without watching the Packer game. My eldest turns 15 and is having 4 friends over to watch the game and sleepover. I've decided that's too much testosterone for me, so I'm off on my own. This will probably be a good day to find a nice coffee shop and knit.

I hope that everyone who reads this has a safe Thanksgiving Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

helloo oooo
u still there
just cking
christmas is over
kids back in school
what r u working on