Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Felt like Felting!


That's right....today I felt like felting! I actually felted 5, but wasn't too happy with the way the pink one felted. There's a ridge on the side and the bottom, so I'm letting it dry, and then I'm going to hand felt it and see what happens. I love the orange one! (that's for me!) The darker pink one I used Cascade 220 Tweed, and you can actually see the flecks of color! I think they turned out great! The Noro bags also turned out! Noro takes a little longer to felt, but I was so pleased. I'm thinking these may be gifts for some people I know! Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great, you are something!

Anonymous said...

is the ridge on the bag actually from when you felted it. If the bag went thru the spin cycle it could have felted together into a permanent crease. try not to let your felted items go through the spin cycle. take out before it spins. Try taking an exacto knife to cut the crease apart then throw it back into the cycle to see if you can felt alittle more without the crease showing.

Tracy said...

Thanks for the compliment Joan! Now onto the other comment....The bag never went through the spin cycle, and I felted other ones with it, and those did not get a crease. I'm going to try and steam it out, if that doesn't work, then I'll try the exacto knife. Thanks!