Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I knit....therefore I am......

Welcome to my blog about.....you guessed it.....knitting! You may find some tips, mistakes I've made along the way, and you'll even get a chance to meet people I knit with on a regular basis!

Currently, I am working on a shawl from Vivian Hoxboro's book Shadow Knitting! (Don't you dare order it from Barnes & Noble or Borders.....go to your local bookstore and support them!) At first I was ready to return all my yarn at my LYS, but my instructor Anne convinced me to keep on going! I think what confused me was the way the pattern is worded. However, after ripping out 24 rows...I figured out how the markers shift in order to achieve the pattern. I'm now chugging along and hope to have this done by the end of summer. Word of advice.....if you have NEVER done shadow knitting, I suggest you make the pot holders from her book first, or try the Alien Scarf from the Stitch n' Bitch book!

I also have little take-a-long projects that really don't take a lot of thinking. My newest craze is the Sophie bag from www.magknits.com. I made one for myself, added a button (thanks to Lois, Anne and Chris!) and get complimented on it all the time! I've got a pink one already finished (this is for my little girlfriend Moe) and an orange one for me! I'm going to try one with the Noro and see what happens, because I find that Noro doesn't felt as nice as the Cascade 220.

Here's my shawl.....I hope you can see the details of it! Enjoy!



No comments: