Monday, October 10, 2005

Some completed projects!


I know that I've been a bad blogger........but I was so busy finishing up some felted projects. Here you can kind of see what the zig-zag bag looks like! The strap is the Checkmate ribbon with knots tied at about every 2 inches. I crocheted a strap for a button, but haven't found a button, yet!


Here's a project a friend of mine asked me to do. It's a felted compartment bag! The premise is to make two bags, attach them up the side and bottom and you'll have an inside compartment. I made mine with Lamb's Pride worsted and was quite pleased with the way it turned out. My friend has a bunch of us making the purse, so she can "fine-tune" her pattern and hopefully sell the pattern. Another knitter made the purse without the flap and instead installed zippers on the inside.


Here's how the bag looks without the flap over the top.


Here's looking inside the bag. Kind of cool, huh?

I recently placed my first order with Knitpicks! I can't wait to see all the yarn I ordered! I want to work on a gift for someone for Xmas, so I'm anxiously awaiting for my yarn. I can't talk about the gift because this "certain someone" reads this blog. Okay! It's for Joan!

My cabled sweater is coming along nicely. I'm almost to the bind off for the arm holes! Whoo! Whoo! I hope to get this bad boy done by Thanksgiving and wear it in the chilly months!

I also started on a pair of socks for me! I started knitting them at my bowling league, because the women on my team were fighting and I didn't want to get involved. So....I brought my bowling ball and knitting! More women came up to me to find out what I was doing and more than once did they mention how cool it was to be knitting socks!

I finally broke down this week and bought an Ott-Lite! Now I can see! I got it at Joann's with a 40% off coupon. I also do beading, so this really helps with my eyestrain!

The nights are finally getting chilly so that means more knittin' and drinkin'! Lately, I've been drinking reds. My doc told me that every woman should have a glass of red wine or purple grape juice every day. I told him that I have two.....just in case I miss a day!

Also, ladies please remember that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! If you are 40 you should be getting your first mammogram and every year thereafter. There are many women I know who've been diagnosed with breast cancer, but because of their mammogram it was caught early and they are living cancer free lives. So....put your needles down and get a mammogram!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's about time we have missed you and your blog./ those bags turned out great.

Anonymous said...

am i the only who ever makes comments. come on guys

Tracy said...

You are the only one.........

Anonymous said...

When I was reading I was hoping the Christmas gift was going to be for me and then you wrote "JOAN".
Excellent!!