Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I'm So Stuuuuuuupid!

So here I am, cabling away on my sweater, when someone notices that it looks kind of small. They say "Is your guage on?" I say "Of course it is, what do you think I am......an idiot?" Guess what? I am an idiot!

When I measured myself for the sweater, I measured and determined that I was an ample 46" across the chest so I thought that's what I make my sweater at! However, I want the sweater to be loose fitting therefore, it would be more appropriate to make it 49-50". Now....there are one of three things I can do.....frog it, loose some weight in the chest area, or keep knitting and give it to someone else! Through much deliberation I've decided that losing weight does not guarantee that I will lose weight in that particular area! Giving it to someone else would kill me, because only fellow knitters know the time and effort that goes into it. Therefore the logical choice is to riiiiiiiiiip it out. The one good thing is that the yarn is very bulky so it won't take long to rebuild it! (I sound like the Six Million Dollar Man!)

So we can all learn a lesson here........make sure you know the difference between finished size and your actual size. A special thanks to Lois, Chris, & Chris for noticing my sweater mistake and pointing it out before I was almost done!

Now I need to open up my bottle of Mad Housewife Chardonnay and start frogging!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

today is saturday and i know u ripped out on thursday/ you r probably already back to where you were when you ripped out

the pictures of the cables look great

Tracy said...

After 6 hours of knitting, I am back to where I was! Whee!