Sunday, February 26, 2006

Charity Knitting!


After much delibiration I have decided to keep the coral/brown bag for myself and donate this Blue Sophie bag with Glamour yarn to my sis-in-laws auction. This one turned out so great! It's a bit bigger than the first one, so it would be a great tote for books, shoes, etc;


This is the close up of the bottom of the bag. I like the "glitzy" look that's achieved with the glamour yarn. I'm also donating a felted purse for her auction. I'll let everyone know how much they both went for.

On the knitting homefront....I'm still working on my socks and I've begun a raglan cardigan using Rowanspun Chunky. I already have the back and left front completed. This time around I'm going to attempt to knit this sweater without any help from my knitting guru Anne! I want to see if I can "go it alone". So far.....so good! Keep your fingers crossed! I would have taken a pic, but my camera battery ran out. Oops! I also have to begin a baby hat for a friend of mine. I think the "fruit" hats are cute, but I also like the umbilical cord hat from Stitch n Bitch. Maybe I'll just make both!

I've missed out on a lot of knitting due to my boys sporting events, however it's almost over and I'm able to see the knitting needles at the end of the tunnel. This Thursday I'm having a group over to knit and drink. It should be a great time! It was an impromptu gathering, because where we normally meet (a Cafe) is closing, and we had nowhere to go on March 2nd, so I told everyone if they wanted they could come to my place! We found a new home......but we can't meet there until the 9th of March, so what the heck! My boys are going to hide out in their room, but said they would come out to see what kind of snacks are out!

Today I'm going to watch the movie Mad Hot Ballroom and do a little knitting. I absolutely love those kinds of days. Happy knitting!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Okay girly girl - I like the glamour bag. It was great to see you again tonight!

Tracy said...

Thanks! By the way....I love your blog!