Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I got me a job!

After 15 years of staying home with my children.....I have decided that it's time to go back to work fulltime! I cried the first week.....sad because I realized my boys were growing up so fast! However, by the next week I was fine! The women I work closely with are the ultimate crafters......they knit and quilt! So we have a lot in common! But this "work" thing really cuts into my knitting time! But like my husband said.........it gives you more money to spend on yarn! Whoo! Whoo!

Currently, I'm working on the Lady Eleanor Stole from Shawl Style. I thought this was going to be very difficult....but I was wrong! I love working on it and have already decided that I may have to make two! I'm making it with Noro Silk Garden on 10 1/2 needles...colorway #249. It has light pink, dark blue, browns, grays, and a touch of green. The color is fabulous! I was inspired by my friend Nancy and her stole. She made it her own by adding beads at the bottom of the fringe. It looks gorgeous!

I also just received my flyer for Stitches and I can't wait! I think I might take a beaded envelope purse class and then hang out with the fellow knitters in the evening! Take note Kris......call me! Well, it's time to get back to work..................Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I got my flyer too. I am thinking of taking one of the pattern design classes.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the job - that is a big life change! : )