Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Looky What I Bought!


Here's what I got in the mail the other day from ebay! It's the recycled silk yarn from Nepal, which is made from the snipped ends of sari's and handspun! You never know what colors you are going to get.....so be careful when you bid on this stuff. Some of the skeins seemed to be tightly wound, while others were rather loose. Also, you must let it dangle because otherwise it twists on itself. My personal testimony is that it would be kind of scratchy to make a scarf out of, but other websites suggest that you carry along a kid mohair with it. Me? I'm making the Unbiased bag from knitty! I know, I know, I know.....I SHOULD be working on the shawl but I was so excited to get this yarn! Wait! I did finish the hunting socks and following bag. So there!


Here's another little bag that I worked on over the weekend. A big shout out to by knitting buddy Nancy for giving me this pattern called the Zig-Zag felted bag! It takes one skein of Noro Kureyon and is simple to knit up. The pattern calls for a ribbon strap which will look great once it's felted. I saw the one Nancy completed and it looked great! Hopefully, I'll be able to felt it this week and then purchase some ribbon!

This is a close up of the stitches on the felted bag. I love how it looks and I hope it shows up when I felt it. This weekend I finished up on all my little projects and had a chance to have some breakfast with my knittin' friends. So here's my shout out for the week.....

Happy Birthday Anne! I was told (by Chris) to make sure I brought a nice birthday hat for Anne to wear! Well, she thought it was funny, but would only wear it for a few moments in order for me to take this picture in the restaurant. What a trooper! Best wishes this upcoming year, Anne!

No comments: