Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Moving along.........

I do not have pictures to post, because I'm still working on my shadow knit shawl! I'm bound and determined to get this thing finished if it's the last thing I do! Everyone who knows me thinks it's hilarious that it's the only thing I'm working on.......but I want to get it finished! My youngest has seen me drag this out everyday and has figured out that just one side of the shadow part is 56,840 stitches! That's a lot of stitches! Figuring it takes me about 1 hour to do two rows (there are 280 rows with 203 stitches on size 2 needles), that means that I have worked on one side for approximately 8,400 minutes or 140 hours! Phew! That's a ton of knitting! Currently I'm on row 160.......only 120 to go!

The purses I made for the auction went for $30 and $20 a piece. After talking it over with Peg, we thought I probably should have donated some scarves. I was a little bummed, but unless you knit, you have no idea the time it takes to make something like that.

Right now I'm currently teaching a friend of mine to knit. Instead of a scarf, I'm making her knit a dishcloth. Why a dishcloth? They are fast.....they are relatively easy.....and it's instant gratification! We were at Caribou Coffee (I love the campfire mocha...Yum!) and we're knitting away when all the sudden she drops a stitch! She says *shit* pretty loudly and this woman comes over and says "A good knitter says *shit* and fixes it, a bad knitter says *shit* and gives up!" We cracked up laughing! This woman must have been 80+ years old! She sat with us for awhile and chatted. My friend is now ready for the "bind-off" so I'm meeting her tomorrow to show her how. I'm thinking I might bring her a little knitting gift because she's doing so well!

*Note to Joan.....maybe we should start you off on a dishcloth, I think the scarf was too much!

My husband is planning to take my boys camping this summer for a long weekend! He told me that he felt bad leaving me home alone! Is this man crazy? I've already thought that I should probably meet a bunch of my knitting buddies, hit some knitting stores, come back to my place, eat, knit and drink! Now I just have to get him to set a date so I can put my plan into motion!

No comments: